Tuesday, March 24, 2015

No regrets, by Liam Morgan

If somebody asked me what I was doing for my first ever spring break, I would have said something that involved sun, sea and, of course, alcohol! However, my spring break for 2015 took a completely different path, one that would form new friendships, allow me to experience new things and, of course, create everlasting memories.

Volunteering with the Boys & Girls Club in Washington, D.C., was honestly a fun-filled experience. Not only did we assist the kids with their homework, but also we talked to them about their interests, their aspirations for college and, most importantly, what they wanted for their futures. Despite having limited resources, the club provides services for the kids and the surrounding community that is truly inspirational. It creates a fun, safe environment for kids to learn and to form friendships.
I don’t have any regrets about how I spent my spring break as it has ultimately motivated me to seek other opportunities to volunteer elsewhere. I encourage all to consider ASB in the future as it is a fulfilling experience.

1 comment:

  1. I was also very impressed with the Boys & Girls Club, Liam. Those employees are truly committed to the kids.

    ReplyDelete