Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hogwarts adventure, by the Take 5 Writers

After my heart had been smashed to bits, I went to the store to buy some super glue to put it back together again. When I arrived at the store, the sales clerk mentioned that there was no glue in stock. Then all the power in the store shut off and a loud, weird noise took over.

 As I stood in the dark store, dazed and confused, a large, bright, yellow glow appeared from the outside of the store. Then out of the light, Cupid appeared!

Stunned, I opened my mouth, but no words came out.

“Yes, I am Cupid,” he said. “I have come to fix your broken heart. Would you like some chicken soup?”

 “No thanks,” I answered.

 “How about a hug? Or perhaps an airline ticket to Florida?”

 Wow, I thought, both sound pretty good. “Could you give me a ticket to Platform 9 ¾?”

With a whirl and a flash, I arrived on the train to Hogwarts. However, all of a sudden, a chill came over me…like all the happiness had left the Earth.

“I have a question,” I said.

“Yes,” said Cupid, smiling sweetly.

“Are you a Cherub or a Seraph?”

 “Good question,” Cupid mumbled. “You know all Cupids are Cherubims.”

 “Yup, I thought so,” I responded. “You do not seem to be a fallen Seraphim.”

 “You mean like Lucifer?” Cupid asked.

 “Yes!” I answered. “Though, like Lucifer, love, can throw you into the depths of Hell itself.”

 “Don’t get philosophical on me, young man!”  The Cherub said…

 …Cupid disappeared; the Dementor had taken over the train. I could feel myself disappearing, my vision going black…

…I was shaken awake by someone offering me a bar of chocolate.

“Are you okay?”  The beautiful person asked.

 I guess I won’t be alone on Valentine’s Day after all.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful person AND a bar of chocolate. Life doesn't get any better than this...

    ReplyDelete