Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Lauren, by Brian Nader

You were taken away from us
God had another plan for you
Everything happens for a reason, surely
It must mean there is a higher calling for you, too

I didn't think it would happen this way
While I was in denial you stayed so brave
I always thought you were untouchable and would be okay
Of course it was selfish that I demanded you be saved

But why would He want someone so young?
That is something we will never know
So on December 5th, Heaven opened and the angels sung
When you went up to God and made His home glow

So as we celebrate your life and the time we had with you
We have the comfort of knowing you are in a better place
While we can still feel your presence and you watching over us, too
We'll never forget how strong you were and the smile that lit up your face

I hope Heaven knows how lucky they are
to have such a beautiful angel so full of love
We can always look to the sky and see the brightest star
Knowing you are safe, happy, and being taken care of.
You were taken away from us

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, Brian. This is a touching tribute to a well-loved niece.

    ReplyDelete